Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Monday, November 26, 2012

Daily Living with Good Choices

Can't believe the days have gone by so fast!!  I have been eating my new food & have had some delicious stuff.

Vegetarian Sloppy Joe, Chicken Noodle soup & pancakes!  That's right pancakes!  The packet makes one nice size pancake.  Very tasty. Can use sugar free syrup.

Thanksgiving was successful-I had turkey, green beans & deviled egg.  Was completely satisfied. I knew I'd get my dessert in 3 hours-a peanut butter bar that tastes like reese cup!

When I'm off work I have a harder time getting all my water in.  Went to Mom's Saturday-took 5 empty water bottles and filled them with good ole well water.  It's so much better than the filtered city water at my house!

I got a little off schedule Saturday night-had a pity party.   I'm not sure why I let the bag of potato chips mess with me-but the chips won!  I felt like a dog when I was done and Sunday.
With my new habits of health, I've been thinking about why I allowed the urge to eat over power my common sense.  I simply didn't listen to the good angel on my shoulder!

Up till then, when I thought about eating I asked myself -am I hungry?  The answer is always no.
I then started mentally listing the benefits of NOT eating when it's not meal time.  The urge to eat would pass.

This time-I pushed the good thought to the rear of my brain and simply ate.

I didn' beat myself up.  Now that I know why I've been able to withstand the temptation to eat, I hope next time I'll listen to my reasoning better.

AND I'm making me a list to put on my mirror so I'll see it every day.

It's almost a relief to get the "cheat" over.  I've been dreading it since I started the program.

I'm just moving on....one day at a time....one meal at a time.

Hope you have a super happy day!


Colossians 3:12
Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves,
you must clothe yourself with
tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility,
gentleness and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am praying daily for myself and others that struggle with being overweight.

EPH 2:10 For we are Gods Masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.