Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful for Choices

Not sure why we wait till November to remember what we are thankful for. The new thing in my life that I'm thankful for is Take Shape For Life.  This program is changing me for the better!

I've been waiting my whole overweight life for something that work for me to lose weight & do it in a healthy way.  I wanted my cake & eat it too!
The food replacements are surprisingly so much better than what I thought they would be. Pre-portioned with just the right amount of calories, protein, carbs, fat.  I don't have to figure up anything!

My favorite thing -within an hour of getting up- mix a packet of Hot Cocoa in my decaffinated coffee.  Yumm!

My second favorite is broccoli soup. Yumm #2!

Yesterday my lean & green was lunch with my parents.  Clarence's.  I picked the restaurant because I knew they had grilled chicken.  I asked my server how many ounces you get with the grilled chicken salad versus grilled chicken plate. 

I've NEVER asked anything like that before!  Kind of wierd.  But I had to know.

There is only 4 oz on the salad & 6 oz on the plate.  I ordered that plate.

What comes with the plate?  2 sides & bread.  Normally I would have gotten a baked potato or sweet potato.  This time I asked her to double my salad and keep the bread!!

I think my parents & my husband were SURPRISED!

This was my first eating out experience since I started the program.  I was very pleased that I was able to make different choices and my food was still EXCELLENT!  Very tasty.

I finished my day with Orange drink, broccoli soup & Honey mustard pretzels.

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God
Ephesians 2:8 NLT

Have a happy Sunday!
Karen C

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am praying daily for myself and others that struggle with being overweight.

EPH 2:10 For we are Gods Masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.