Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Donut Melt Down!

Yesterday when I went in the kitchen at work to fill up my water bottles I spotted a BIG box of donuts on the table.

I asked my coworker where they came from -one of our company reps.
I said "donuts are my favorite" and tears started welling up.
I said we need to get them out of the building!
The receptionist walked up and they both said "we aren't eating them". She said she'd give them to our customers.
She looked at me and said "do you want a donut?"
I busted into a full fledged -hysterical-fit!  I went in the bathroom & boo-hooed for 5 minutes!

I don't even know what came over me! I was shocked at my response at just seeing some donuts. I haven't feel deprived on this program at all. I get "sweets" with my delicious food bars & cereal.  I simply couldn't control it.

I went to see my health coach at lunchtime. She had some VERY WISE words.

She said "Karen, you could have eaten a donut". (I was shaking my head no the whole time!)
She said "look at it this way" You could have eaten it, but you CHOSE not to.  That's part of the healthy habits we're learning about!

I'll have to admit-that never entered my head!  I was just thinking I couldn't eat a donut-it would blow my whole last 2 weeks of doing good.

After more thought-she is -of course-right!  I felt so much better.

My day:

7AM Peach Tea
10AM Chicken soup
1PM Broccoli soup
4PM Cinnamon Crunch cereal
8PM   5 ounces stewed chicken on top of lettuce, tomato, jalapeno with Vidalia Onion dressing.
         1 ounce cheddar cheese
9:40PM pretzels


While I'm working on the outside, I'm also concerned about my inside!  My encouraging verse today is:

Be confident of this, that he who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Phil 1:6

Have a great evening!
Karen C

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am praying daily for myself and others that struggle with being overweight.

EPH 2:10 For we are Gods Masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.