Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Overcome Stress with Prayer

Yesterday went by in a whirl wind! It must be a full moon-we had some crazy situations with our customers. Around 3pm I started thinking-I want something fattening to eat! When my mind started listing possibilities-I said NO!  You are not going to respond to stress with food.

I prayed and asked God to keep me from temptation, to help my emotions calm down. He distracted me and I was fine. A momentary weakness of the flesh!  I took some calming breaths and drank more water.

God is so good!  He sent me Alisha, my health coach. She's had her own weight struggles, but has won the battle!  She's my cheerleader, confidant & now friend.  I'm so thankful to have someone I can call anytime to ask questions. 

Monday's is our check in day.  We weigh (I've lost 11 pds in 2 weeks!!) I love saying that!! LOL
We discuss the homework book-that's right -homework!!  But it's interesting and relates to being healthy, making good choices, etc.

Yesterdays plan:
7am Orange drink
10:30am cereal
1PM chicken soup
4PM Orange Cream shake
7PM Made chicken salad-yummy
      5 oz chicken, 1 hardboiled egg, 1 dill pickle spear, 1 stalk celery, 2T cream cheese, 1T mayo
      1 cup diced tomatoes, salt & pepper
9:30pm parmesan puffs

Today is election day. I pray God's hand will be in the results.  Only he knows what's best for America.

Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper
Psalm 37:3 NLT

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Thank you for your visit to my blog and your kind comment. You know I track you back to HERE each time because it gives me opportunity to read about YOU, and what's going on in your "real" life.

    I'm so inspired by your determination and allowing GOD to be in control of your body and mind. It is SO hard, the more one thinks about it and tries to resist, often the more we are under attack, for the enemy really works on wearing us down. The bible tells us that the Lord will provide all the strength we need to stick next to Him - often just the KNOWING that is all we have to go on.

    I'm praying for you - keep it up!

    Joy to You,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

I am praying daily for myself and others that struggle with being overweight.

EPH 2:10 For we are Gods Masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.