Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Doctor Approved!! Yeah!

I went for my physical today and I quickly shared with her about being on a diet program.  She was really pleased I was losing weight and did ask a couple of questions. 

Could I stick with it long term?  Oh-I gushed out how satisfying the food supplements are and they taste good. I don't feel deprived at all. Even had a bar that tastes like a Reese Cup!

Did it involve exercise?  Yes! Not a lot, but a decent amount that she approves of.


It's time to order my food again! I was able to get a little different items this time.  One is a 4 pack of chocolate items!  Brownies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate pudding & Hot chocolate.  My co-worker said "you don't have to give up anything!"  That is so true! 

Last night I had turkey meatballs.  I made up the recipe myself! Can't even tell you the "dashes" of seasoning I put in them! I put a little finely chopped onion and celery.  Then baked them in the oven.  They were really good!

I was reading my Habit's of Health book and it wants us to set goals. I started thinking about in just 3 weeks how far I've already come.

  • my rings & watch are sliding around
  • I can lift my leg to my knee and put my socks on without grunting
  • I can bend over and pick something up and not shine the world (my pants stay put)
  • I no longer feel bloated all the time
  • I don't get sleepy during the day
  • I have much more energy
  • I don't sweat all the time
  • My confidence is growing-I shared my blog address on the facebook group
  • My double chin is almost gone
  • I'm starting to look forward to getting dressed in the morning
That's all I can think of off the top of my head & I'm so thrilled to have stuck to something for 3 solid weeks!

I look forward to even more great changes!

Words of the wise:

A faithful friend is one of life's greatest assets.
No problem is ever as dark when
you have a friend to face it with you.
Christ Jesus laid down His life
for you, and His promise is: I will hnever
leave thee nor forsake thee.

Have a blessed day!
Karen C

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am praying daily for myself and others that struggle with being overweight.

EPH 2:10 For we are Gods Masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.