Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Losing...Losing....Losing!

I'm so excited to report that I lost another 6 pounds this week!
I feel like I'm on the Biggest Loser show! LOL

My total loss now is 25 pounds. Almost 10%  (Thats what weight watchers always focused on)

I've lost about 9 inches too!  Really awesome!

I can really tell in my clothes.  I've started a "GET RID OF IT" box!  That's definitely a first for me. (I'm grinning ear to ear!! LOL)

My coach is still so supportive and helpful. I love making new friends.

The lesson this week was focused on making choices.  We have 3-this applies to all areas of our life.

Primary
Seconary
Fundamental

Usually the choices conflict with each other.  Wanting to eat something just for the sake of eating it is NOT the right reason to eat. The question is-how will this affect my body? My day? Will it help me achieve my goal to lose weight and be healthy?   

I want to be healthy!  (I'm shouting now)
I'm 51 and I've got to put my health first. Not my feelings. 
I want to move better, play in the floor with my granddaughter, stop taking depression meds and high blood pressure pills.  I want to feel comfortable in my clothes.  I want to be able to paint my toe nails and put my socks on with losing my breathe!  I want to wear my mother's ring that I've had 24 yrs and only wore a couple of times.  I want to be a healthy example to young girls who struggle with their self esteem.  I want to serve the Lord in whatever compacity it takes.  I want to die because the Lord says it's time-not because I'm sick.

I thank God every day for Take Shape For Life.  In 6 weeks -it has changed my life. Changed how I think about food. Made me feel better about myself. I'm looking forward to living again!  

Mother Teresa:
Do not allow yourselves to be disheartened by any failure
as long as you have done your best.

Matthew 5:8
God blesses those whose hearts are pure,
for they will see God.

Amen!


1 comment:

  1. Just popped over from my blog and I see you have two blogs, but I have to leave a message here because I'm so proud of you! You are doing a wonderful job and I am loving these recipes!!! Continued success in your endeavors and I think it's fabulous you have a box of things to get rid of. :D
    Thank you so much for deciding to follow my blog.
    I'll be back to get more recipes.
    Happy weekend,
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete

I am praying daily for myself and others that struggle with being overweight.

EPH 2:10 For we are Gods Masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.