Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Jumping Around Diet World!!

 I'm 62. Have been overweight my whole life.

Have tried every diet known to man!  Daniels diet, weight watchers (multiple times), Adkins, Keto, Mediterranean, plain low carb, Tuna and beets, Medifast, then Optavia, Cabbage Soup, you name it!!

I'm tired of "being on a diet" and never losing weight! Wonder if anyone else has gone through this?  I want to do it, but can never stick to it.

I truly believe if you stick with ANY diet, it would work.  I just can't maintain for more than 6 months.  

About a month ago, my son had me try his diet.  Now, keep in mind he works out every day! Has done it for over 20 years.  Was super strict. Breakfast was good, but the rest of the day, cabbage, rice, chicken, fish, beans. That was it!  I knew I couldn't sustain that.

The idea behind it was zero sugar and counting calories. Output more calories than you consume.  Not a new idea-but I've NEVER counted calories. Never wanted to. But I'm thinking this is my last chance!  I've got to do something. I want to be as healthy as possible on this last phase of my life. 

I joined the YMCA. That was my big commitment!!  I love water aerobics. I've been faithful to go 2-3 times per week for a month!! Yeah me!

I've also been tracking my food on my Fitbit app.

I'm going to start my blog back up to help me as well. Thoughts, recipes, what's working.  I want to look back and see how far I've come!!  

BECAUSE I'M DOING IT RIGHT THIS TIME!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am praying daily for myself and others that struggle with being overweight.

EPH 2:10 For we are Gods Masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.