Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Walk by Faith -Not by Sight

Happy New Year! Wow!  2014 -sounds strange. 

Have you seen other bloggers sharing their "word" for the new year?
Over the last couple of weeks, I've been thinking about one word that I'd want to focus on for a whole year.  I've never thought about it like that.

Wendy Blight, a wonderful woman of God, has shared her heart and prayer for 2014.  It really encouraged me to get in prayer and figure out what God's plan for me will be/should be.  Here's a link to her blog-HERE

My heart breaks for the people I meet and family and friends that don't know and experience the love, grace and mercy that God gives.

People are hurting. All around the world.  For all different reasons.

Job 28:23-28
“God alone knows the way to Wisdom, he knows the exact place to find it. He knows where everything is on earth, he sees everything under heaven. After he commanded the winds to blow and measured out the waters, Arranged for the rain and set off explosions of thunder and lightning, He focused on Wisdom, made sure it was all set and tested and ready. Then he addressed the human race: ‘Here it is! Fear-of-the-Lord—that’s Wisdom, and Insight means shunning evil.’”
Job 28:22-24

I've chosen the word "FOCUS" to ponder and explore this year.


God is in control. There are many cruel things happening in the world. Many mean and cruel people. We can't let our focus be on the circumstances around us. We can't give up hope.
As a Christian, I want to be different.  I want to share how great my God is!
I want to focus on what God can do. Focus on what God can do thru me.

In several ways 2 Corinthians 5:7 has come to me. “we walk by faith, not by sight” and verse 9 “we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent to be pleasing to Him”
That is my prayer and focus for 2014.
Lord, my deepest desire is to hear from you and follow your lead in 2014. There are so many distractions and is so easy to lose my focus. I pray I’ll allow you to keep me on the narrow path so that I may serve you. Be your hands and feet. Love others. Share your love and grace to others.
Thank you Lord for all you have done and continue to do! In Jesus name-Amen!

I pray you and your family have a Happy & prosperous 2014!
Put God first and he'll take care of the rest!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am praying daily for myself and others that struggle with being overweight.

EPH 2:10 For we are Gods Masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.