Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Friday, July 26, 2013

Lost, but now I'm found!

I took my focus off my goal...I stumbled.  Gained this week. 188.2.
I wasn't happy.  I do take the blame-don't want to blame others or my circumstances.

Life happens. My son, DIL & granddaughter was visiting.  My eating and exercising routine changed. I ate stuff that is not on my eating plan.

I did learn some lessons the past 2 weeks.  I eat when I'm bored.  Wow! What an eye opener!!
Work has been a little slow & I've had extra time.  My mind immediately turned to "what can I eat"
I ate what I had extra-peanuts, turkey pepperoni, cheese blocks.  If eaten in SMALL portions-these are OK on my diet plan-but when eaten  till gone-it spells disaster!

Some of my old habits crept back in. Oh no!

Then my family was eating food that's unhealthy for them and certainly unhealthy for me.  I joined in. Just a little wouldn't hurt-or did it?

I'm reminded of the story in the bible:

"'Yes, come,' Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. 'Save me, Lord!' he shouted." Matthew 14:29-30 (NLT)

I started to sink when I had my weigh in on Monday.  I've cried out to God to help me! I don't want to gain back the weight. I don't want to feel bad and tired. I don't want to be unhealthy!

This is my saving verse:

Proverbs 4:25-27, "Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil." (NLT)

I am NOT alone! Yeah!! God is with me. Every day-every step of the way.  I'm going to keep my focus on HIM!  

Thank you Lord.  You were with me all the time-I just lost my focus on you. Thank you for reminding me where my strength comes from!!

We all have weak moments.  It's OK. Shake it off, get back in the saddle and refocus on the Lord.

Have a blessed day!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am praying daily for myself and others that struggle with being overweight.

EPH 2:10 For we are Gods Masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.