Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Monday, January 7, 2013

Survived Birthday Party!

My husband and I traveled to Richmond for my granddaughter's 1st birthday.  I'm always concerned when I am out of my daily routine that I won't eat like I should and make poor choices.

It was such a joy to see Brianna and play with her! She is one of the many reasons I started this life journey.  I want to be able to get in the floor, get back up, pick her up, dance with her in my arms, be silly and still be able to move! LOL

SUCCESS!!  We had a great time. She enjoyed her day so much and around 5pm, she laid her head on my shoulder and went limp!  Asleep with no fuss, no runting for a good position.  She was tuckered out.

I still had energy and was able to continue to my -including the drive home-till 11:30 last night!

My son fixed me a New York strip steak, I had brought my frozen broccili to microwave and had my lean and green meal while everyone else was eating hamburgers, hotdogs, potato salad and cupcakes.  I played with Brianna while they all got their plates full. He had two different areas to eat, so the "young" people ate in the front of the townhouse and the grand parents and baby ate in the back. Worked out well.

Enjoyed seeing Brianna shove the cake in and lick her hands until her Dad said ENOUGH!  She's never had sugar and I don't like her eating it now!  Good boy!  He doesn't want her to be overweight and addicted to sugar and I don't blame him.

Here are some pics from our day.




Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made.
    We will rejoice and be glad in it.

What a perfect verse to start my first week of graditude.  I am thankful for my son, daughter in law and granddaughter!

Weigh in was today:  226-own another 2 pds.  Total lost 36 pds!  Woohoo!!

Love & hugs!
Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am praying daily for myself and others that struggle with being overweight.

EPH 2:10 For we are Gods Masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.