Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Walk by Faith, Not by Sight

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Oatmeal: to have or not have?

One of my first changes is my breakfast.  

Having a chicken biscuit from Bojangle or McDonalds is one of my favorites.  But that is not healthy nor nutritious
It doesn't help that I live in the middle of Collinsville where there is every fast food restaurant known to man!  Sonic, Hardees, Burger King, McDonald's, Biscuitville, Bojangles-all within 1/2 mile..

What is healthy you ask?

According to The Woman's Health Magazine: 

Orient Express Oatmeal



Multi Grain Blueberry Waffles



Breakfast Burrito

Scrambled eggs with Salmon & goat cheese

 Strawberry Parfait
While all of these choices sound delicious & tempting, they are not very practical for me. This week I've eaten some Honey Nut Oatmeal & Yoplait Yogurt.  It's been tasty and filling.  Much more healthy than what I've been eating & quick to fix & eat while I'm driving to work.  Oh yeah-did I mention I ALWAYS eat breakfast while driving to work-I have a 30 minute commute.  Can't be wasting time!  It does limit what I can & cannot eat one handed or while 2 fingers hold the steering wheel.  Thankfully there's not much traffic on the highway hindering my daily mealtime!
 








 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am praying daily for myself and others that struggle with being overweight.

EPH 2:10 For we are Gods Masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.